Halloween coming up this week is great for kids but can be troublesome for dogs. From the constant ringing of the doorbell, the noise, and the candy, Halloween can be as traumatic to dogs as July 4th. As we approach Halloween, here are some tips to help keep your dog safe and ensure a fun Halloween for everyone.
- Keep the dogs and candy separate. Candy, especially chocolate, can be toxic to dog
- Keep your pets indoors and confine them in a separate room if they are anxious
- Make sure the carved, lit pumpkin is a safe distance away from your dog’s reach
- Keep glow sticks out of dog’s reach. The
- If you take your dog trick or treating, make sure to use a secure harness and lease and updated identification tags
With proper preparation and planning, Halloween can be a fun experience for everyone in the family, including your dogs. Keep it safe and fun, and make sure to share those photos of Fido in costume!